So when I found out that someone is reading my livejournal I was inspired to procrastinate and write a new entry. And by entry I mean do a survey. That I've done before.
So I decided that maybe I'll start writing in here again. I'm pretty sure that no one reads this anymore but that's actually even more of an incentive to do it. I'm actually kind of hoping no one does read this.
Senior year. I honestly don't see how it's possible that it's Senior Year. I just spent the last hour looking through my posts from GW and my transition to SJU and it just seems like an unfathomable lifetime ago. So many things have changed, and I have changed maybe even more than I realize.
I've gained friends. I've lost friends. I've grown apart from people and become closer to others. I've fallen in love. I've made bad choices. I've made good choices. I've broken my own heart. I've lost track of how many parties I've been to and how many hangovers I've experienced. I've cried on friends shoulders. I've held friends hair back. I've cuddled with roommates. I've travelled to Greece. I've had the best times of my life.
It's hard to look back and think about what if things had been slightly different. What if I had come to SJU as a freshman. Would I know the people I know today? Probably not. I probably wouldn't have joined Alpha Phi and I probably would have gone abroad for a semester and not gone to Greece. I guess life has a funny way of working out. At least I guess it has, for the most part, so far.
Today in my African American Literature class the teacher asked each of us what was on our minds and one of the girls said that the GRE is in 3 weeks and how she didn't feel prepared. The teacher responded that she thought we should all think carefully about going to Grad school right out of undergraduate and I think she really might be right.
For now I think I'm going to either look for a job (most likely in a private school because they hire without much experience teaching) or I'm going to put an application in for Teach for America. I suppose that's all for now. I really am going to try to update this on a much more frequent basis, particularly because I really do enjoy being able to look back at things that happened the way I did tonight.
Ancora imparo. [I am still learning]
i never knew that facebook and myspace and livejournal and everything could make me feel so sad and depressed. and alone. and embarassed. and just...blah.
i also never knew so many things could change in such a short amount of time.
it's pretty hard to live life when your heart gets ripped out.
i don't want to do work and i have to much to do.
i don't want to sleep but i'm tired.
someone fix me.
the worst part is, if you read this, you'll only hate me more. i know you.
Yeah I know, I'm a follower.
tonight's formal for Alpha Phi. That's pretty exciting. then NEW YORK tomorrow! Oh Liss, if you read this, if I get there at like 1 is that good?
Today was beautiful. I didn't have any classes (as I never do on Tuesdays) and I didn't have to wake up until 11 to go to free period, which was actually surpringsly fun at the tables. Oh yeah, since I haven't updated in 39372837 years I guess it's appropriate to explain that I joined a sorority (Alpha Phi) and Tuesdays and Thursdays we have lunch together. I know that sounds mean-girlesque but honestly, I love those girls.
This Friday is our formal...which makes me feel like it's prom all over again haha. good and bad. The bad thing was that I had to find a date...but in the end that didn't turn out so bad at all. I asked this great guy (who said yes, thank God) and now I feel like I'm in 6th grade again because I'm completely crushing. It's pure craziness.
I don't know, I don't want to say much more because I already sound like a 14 year old girl obsessing over some stupid guy. hahaha.
Oh, I also dyed my hair. And this weekend I'm going to New York to visit my loves. This week is looking up...minus the loads of work I have, of course. But who worries about that anyway?
I decided on Friday when I was sitting in the Hawk's Nest completely wasting time with a friend of mine that I was going to start regularly updating my livejournal again. I doubt that this is actually a realistic goal especially because right now I have less than a half hour to do anything because I have to be an old woman and go to dinner at 5 (early bird special in the Caf. No. Not really...). Anyway, I'm going to use this minimal time to steal Molly's survey. At least it's a first step on the road back to updating.
41 Things You'd [Supposedly] Never Think to Ask...
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
Never. Not at all. Not for a second. Well, the only exception I would make is if it splashes into water and I have to avoid getting water in my eyes.
3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Sometime this winter, I feel. Possibly on a tray or box of some kind.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
When I'm falling asleep I like to be with someone else but then during the night I'd much rather be able to roll all over the place, take up as much space as I want and such. I'm also a notorious blanket hog.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, I live in a haunted house, I should.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Yes I do.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
9. Do you like tomatoes?
Much more then I used to but not all by themselves.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Somewhat. I'd welcome a lesson though.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Hmm almost. Maybe with an hour or 2 of sleep in there.
12. What's your favorite commercial?
I agree with Molly- "My name is Schmitty. I have a job. My boss is an..." Either that one or the older commercial with the guys dancing in their office to the song "Ooo Baby Baby"
13. Do you think your baby pictures are embarrassing, or cute?
Pretty much cute except that my Dad seems to have caught me sleeping way too much for my own good AND on the potty. gross.
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is
around, do you run a red light?
Nah I don't think so.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Red Sox, absolutely, Don't Stop Believing! But the Phillies are (unfortunately) always my number 1.
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yeah. I fractured my wrist Ice Skating at Dana and Carrie's birthday party in elementary school. It sort of scarred me for life haha. Although when I was in NYC with my cousin this year we were about to go in Rockefeller Center and I was all up for it, minus the cost haha.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
I go through phases. Sometimes I rememeber them for days and its great, and then I dont remember at all.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Probably yesterday hahaha.
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
1. Golden Slumbers
2. Hey Jude
3. I'm Looking Through You
4. Hello, Goodbye
5. Across the Universe
21. What's the number 1 thing on your mind right now?
22. Do you believe in love at first sight?
yes and no.
23. Do you know who Ba-Ba-Booey is?
yeah but I don't really like howard stern
24. Do you always wear your seat belt?
25. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could paint really well.
26. Do you like Sushi?
27. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
Hmm yeah I guess so
28. What do you wear to bed?
whatever I have on when it gets to be that time haha, shorts, sweatpants, t-shirt, tank top..you name it.
29. Been caught stealing?
30. Does size matter?
31. Do you truly hate anyone?
32. Rock or Rap?
Rock but I do enjoy Rap now and again.
33. If you could sleep with one famous person:
just one? Jake Gyllenhaal
34. Do you know anyone in jail?
Hmm well family friends
35. Have you ever sang in the shower?
YESSS. especially at home, not so much at school.
36. Were you in day care as a child?
37. What food do you find disgusting?
38. Do you love Maroon5 and Rent?
I'm no where near obsessive as most are.
39. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
all in good fun, i love them.
40. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Yeah I have.
41. Have you ever been punched in the face?
come on. me? hopefully never.
yeah yeah i'm bored now.
Yeah I'll just leave the subject of this entry for what it is. A lot has happened in that amount of time, but I don't feel like doing any real update.
Go to your iTunes/iPod/media player and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. No cheating now! Highlight the ones that make sense.
1) What do you think of me? "Keeping the Faith" Billy Joel
2) Will I have a happy life? "When I Look to the Sky" Train
3) What do my friends really think of me? "Love is Only A Feeling" The Darkness
4) Do people secretly lust after me? "Night and Day" Rod Stewart (hahaha riiight)
5) How can I make myself happy? "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" Rufus Wainwright (true that)
6) What should I do with my life? "19th Nervous Breakdown" The Rolling Stones (also true)
7) Why must life be so full of pain? "We're Not Gonna Take It" The Who
8) How can I maximize my pleasure during sex? "Globes and Maps" Something Corporate
9) Will I ever have children? "Once" Jim Boggia (hmm interesting)
10) Will I die happy? "Take it Easy" The Eagles
11) Can you give me some advice? "Breathe" Michelle Branch (good advice)
12) What do you think happiness is? "Blood Red Summer" Coheed & Cambria (ummm..)
13) What's my favourite fetish? "The Sign" Ace of Base
14) How will I be remembered? "Keep on the Sunny Side" O' Brother Where Art Thou
15) What is my life's motto? "This Kiss" Faith Hill
thus the first journal entry i've done in a long time is this. the worst part is that I just did this 20 random things thing and it got erased when I was trying to figure out what "tagging" was. So oh well. here goes again.
1. Sometimes my computer clock goes back an hour without warning and I think it's earlier than it really is. It's an awful thing to realize you had less time than you thought.
2. I have this weird thing about watching movies/ tv shows, finding songs in them that I like, downloading those songs, listening to them constantly, and then making away messages with the poignant lines I find.
3. I take Advil 3 or more at a time.
4. I know that not coming to Saint Joe's right out of high school was the worst mistake I've made in my life so far and yet I also know I wouldn't be the person I am now without making it (I also wouldnt have met a certain special roomate who i love)
5. I could watch TV for hours on hours on hours.
6. Malibu rum is by far my favorite alcoholic beverage.
7. When you're gone. Colors seem to fade. (Amos Lee- colors)
8. I want to live in a row house.
9. Philadelphia is my favorite place in the world.
10. I wish I had someone to kiss goodnight.
11. Van Gogh is my favorite artist.
12. The feeling I get after spending a day at the beach, getting a shower, and then sitting on the porch with wet hair watching the sun set is my favorite feeling ever.
13. Sometimes I miss driving to school in the morning with Brendan in his bronco that never felt warmer than the winter day outside.
14. My roomates are going to sleep but I want to watch Fever Pitch.
15. I want to get a tattoo that says "Il Mio Cuore Sorride" (you figure out what it means)
16. I want my kids to have brothers and sisters and cousins and grandparents...
17. Mangos are my favorite dried fruit.
18. Sometimes I think I could be happy being a waitress for the rest of my life if I could find someone who loved me.
19. One time I ran through the screen of my cousin Kristin's sliding door because I thought it was open.
20. 3 years ago I was sitting in Hackett and Harrison's room and 3 years from now I'll have graduated from college.
I can't tag. I just hope people do it.